Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My new Theology Class

Just got back from my first ever Theology class.  Lets just say it answered a lot of questions of mine but I feel like I really don't know much about God.  For starters have you ever just sat and thought about God's everlasting, his eternal presence.  Look to your left and just keep looking and looking and he is there and all the things you can's see, he is there.  Now do the same thing but look to your right.  We can't understand how vast, wide, or that His love is big.  But how big is it??  It's not something you can contain.

My only emotion right now is WOW.  It hurts my head to think how he loves us.  As it says in the bible his love stretches from everlasting to everlasting.  To try to understand this in the physical world we live in is mind boggling.  IT doesn't make sense because His LOVE is so HUGE!!!!

I feel like I've been running a marathon and now God has given me this new strength, this new perspective of what he wants to reveal to me.  How AWESOME IS THAT!!!!

A big question that has bothering me to try to understand is:  THE TRINITY.  And also what are the differences between Body, Soul, and Spirit.  What do they mean and how do they relate to how God wants them to line up, to synch.

We all have bodies.  But what is your soul, and your spirit??  Before we were saved christians we may have a body and a soul but have a spiritually dead "spirit".  That made so much sense to me because I know what it's like to be spirtually dead.  Maybe a more appropriate question is how to wake up our spirit.  How can we learn how to connect with the body and soul.
We can be surrounded by the most perfect spiritual experience but have no feeling in that area.  It takes God drawing you into Him to awaken that deadness.  So you can cry and feel connected to God, possibly not knowing how you got there but nevertheless you are there and your "trinity" per se  is in unison.

What an eye opening night filled with feeling like I'm surrounded by HIS love!!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...i remember this feeling!!! the day i started seminary, after going to a few classes, i remember feeling like i had no relationship with God at all because i didn't "know anything" about Him...but thankfully, one of my professors reminded us that even people who have no mental capacity to learn at all can still "know" God! there's a difference in knowing Him, and knowing about Him! theology is awesome and it is so cool to use our minds to think about God...but there are some things (like the Trinity) that no human can ever fully comprehend! enjoy your classes but don't let them get in the way of you knowing Him personally! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, AWESOME POST! Sara's comment nailed it. I personally am in love with theology and it's caused me to appreciate God in so many new ways, but I know that it can cause people to stumble if they misplace their knowledge and use it as a substitute for prayer or simply trusting in God... or even more basic, just loving Him. I can read my husband's work resume' and become full of awe, but it's not the same as love and trust. This post is really refreshing for me, and because I know a few people who are struggling with this very subject, I'm going to post this on my Facebook page for others to read. I see you have the link here specifically to do that, so I'm letting you know that I'm definitely passing it on. Dig deeper girl. This is good stuff. Oh, and by the way, I'm a Calvinist. If it wasn't brought up in class tonight, it probably will be soon enough. Then again, I think people can guess that I am just from my blog posts.

    I can't wait to see your next post! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. Don't worry I'm not replacing it with my prayer time. It just helps me to understand a lot of questions I have. Even though we won't ever truly understand everything about God it helps me to understand more of what I know now.

    I will be posting every week about my class for the next 4 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete