Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Taking a Step Forward

Those were the words my pastor said Sunday.  I felt compelled that I need to be taking a step forward in my life.  God wants us to live with the JOY He has given us.

It's sometimes hard not to think about the wrong in the world or what is not going right.  Honestly I am happier thinking about what is going right or the good news of the world.  I like to surround myself with positive people because it is infectious.  Not to deny that there aren't bad people and bad things in the world but we don't have to hold that on our shoulders.  It's not our burden to carry.  That's the wonderful news about Jesus is that HE wants us to 'cast our cares' on Him.

The hard lesson I've learned is that it doesn't make you a stronger person to hold on or to carry those burdens all by yourself.  The weight will only bring you down and create anger and bitterness.

So why are you carrying all those burdens on your shoulders???

22 Cast your cares on the LORD 
   and he will sustain you; 
he will never let 
   the righteous be shaken.
-Psalm 55:22


Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.
-Luke 11:46


Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.
-Psalm 68:19


Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
-1 Peter 5:7

1 comment:

  1. There are tons of verses about joy in the Bible. I remember one day when I was really sad I started studying on why people were filled with joy and what real joy means. It was eye-opening, because God's joy is very different than the joy most people are after. <3

    ReplyDelete