Saturday, August 13, 2011

Faith Like a Child

Ever since I read the book "Heaven is for Real" I've been seriously thinking about what Jesus said about having "faith like a child".


Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
-Luke 18:17



However, during dinner while my son was physically dissatisfied with what I made for him I realized something.  I'm sure when God asks me to do something or directs me in a direction that I don't want to do, I act exactly like my son.  I'm sure I throw temper tantrums screaming, "No, no I don't want to" or "but why do I have to".   Sure we might be tired when God asks us to do something but He expects us to obey Him, after all, He first loved us.


I can't expect my son to obey me without first obeying my heavenly Father.  I must be the example otherwise I'm just a dictator.  


And the people said to Joshua, “We will serve the LORD our God and obey him.”
-Joshua 24:24

1 comment:

  1. I just recently heard about the book Heaven is
    for Real. I am excited to read it. Having a child-
    like faith in my mind means not worrying about
    tomorrow, but living for and enjoying today.
    A child doesn't worry about tomorrow, but trusts
    his parents have everything taken care of, which
    God does. If He feeds the birds of the air and
    clothes the fields with flowers... how much more
    will he provide for us, His children. :) I love your
    website. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete